In Part 3 of discrimination in real estate I want to go over One America Principles that were created by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in 1997. Please check out HUD’s website for information on One America Principles . The reading may be long and dry but is very important to all buyers and sellers.
I have listed the principle for you to go through that I follow.
- I welcome you and want to do business with you.
- I will base my decision and opinions of you on who you are, not on any preconceived stereotypes or ingrained value judgments.
- I subscribe to the federal Fair Housing Act and its principles.
- I embrace and celebrate the strength that diversity brings to our communities and our nation.
- I will help you find opportunities to buy the home you choose.
- I will market home ownership to the public and reach out to people who may not know that home ownership is a realistic option.
- I will make sure you know there is a full range of housing choices available to you and encourage you to consider all communities and neighborhoods.
- I will make every effort to maintain open two-way communication. If we do not share a common language, I will work with you to find someone who can interpret.
- I have incorporated these principles in my daily operations and my overall business plan. I would be proud to share the plan with you.
- I am here to help you meet your real estate needs because you are the reason I am in business.
- Please let me know about any cultural or special needs that you have so that our business relationship will be comfortable and successful.
In case you missed Part 1 and 2 please check out the NAR - National Association of Realtors® full article along with my website for information on both buying and selling a home. I have gathered a lot of information for my clients over the last 25 years and have added it to my website. I have also added a page covering At Home With Diversity®.